Tuesday, January 20, 2009

what a snow day in charlotte looks like











Some of you might remember seeing pictures of our snow day last year and I have to say, I'm even more shocked this year! I even turned to 3 different news channels before I truly believed that school had been cancelled, just to make sure I wasn't seeing things. I'm not going to complain one bit though, because now instead of the crazy, running-around day I had planned, I get to sit in my jammies and cuddle with my kids as we watch one of the most incredible events of our lifetime unfold.

Update: 3 hours and 787 reported delays/cancellations later, every last bit of snow and ice was gone. Way to go, South. You have completely earned your reputation for being a bit melodramatic...I don't know how you will ever look Minnesota in the face again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Huh? Snow day for that? Wow! That's a layer of frost. We actually had 2 hr. delays here for 25-35 degree below wind chills. Weak! Love SQ