Tuesday, January 13, 2009

the monsters i've created

As much as I used to complain about Ainsley's sleep habits, or shall I say, lack of sleep habits, I couldn't be happier with the way she sleeps now. Actually, the way she and Jack both sleep. They will usually go to bed sometime between 8:00pm and 8:30pm and most mornings I have to wake them up by 8:00am for school. Generally, they both tend to wake up well, but our mornings go much smoother if they get their chocolate milk right off the bat. Yes, chocolate. Last week was a little tough for everyone, getting back on a schedule after two weeks of being on vacation, so in order to smooth the transition, every morning when I went in to wake up the little darlings, I brought their chocolate milks with me. Jack would always take his and then burrow back under the covers until I made him get up and get dressed. And Ainsley would start jumping up and down in her crib with excitement..."Milk, milk!" She's as excited about her milk as I am my morning coffee. Saturday, since we didn't have to take anyone to school, I decided I would sleep in as long as the babes would let me. And so at about 8:30am, Jack wakes up, comes into our room and over to my side of the bed and says, "Mom, I'm ready for my chocolate milk in bed now!"

No comments: