Friday, January 11, 2008

no rest for the weary

So, we haven't been sleeping well lately. And by we, I mean me and Ainsley. Everyone else in the house would have no problem sleeping through anything. And by anything, I mean everything, including (but certainly not limited to) tornadoes, a Mack truck running through our living room, or even an alien abduction. But I digress...

Ainsley and I aren't sleeping well, because Ainsley is still infected with the world's longest cold, making it almost impossible for her to sleep longer than 2-3 hours without waking up because she simply cannot breathe. And I suppose it wouldn't be so awful if I could count on her to take a couple of good naps during the day, so that I could coerce Jack into snuggling in bed with me to watch hours of Thomas and Friends so that I can sleep, but she's really not sleeping very well during the day either. I've tried telling her that if she wants to be a beast at night, then she has to be on her best behavior during the day, but she doesn't quite get the message. Kind of like how she doesn't understand that she's not supposed to be almost WALKING at 8 months. So, if you talk to me in the next few days or weeks (or months) and I babble incoherently or ask you to repeat yourself 3 or 4 times, please be patient and repeat my mantra..."This too shall pass," (Thanks, Mom!).

Now, you'll have to excuse me. I need to go rescue Ainsley from eating an electrical cord, cleaning my oven door with her tongue or some other situation that is bound to resemble this:


No comments: