Friday, January 25, 2008

for posterity

I had to take this picture, if for no other reason than to remind myself that there was actually a moment of her babyhood that was not spent giving me gray hair...







Here is Ainsley with an actual, age-appropriate, lead paint-free toy in her mouth! Not a piece of paper or part of a plant or the mini-blinds or an electrical cord or the hot water knob of the bathtub or Jack's pj pants or Jack's crocs or a Wii remote or her socks.* But an honest-to-goodness baby toy. It was really nice to be able to watch her play with something that I knew I wouldn't have to take away from her!


(* All things that have actually been in her mouth. Really. I couldn't make this stuff up if I wanted to!)


Things quickly went back to normal...here she is about two minutes later trying to figure out how to slide down the car ramp.



No comments: