Monday, May 4, 2009

two

On Sunday, we celebrated Ainsley's 2nd birthday!

I decided I would make a princess castle cake, which I thought would be pretty easy. I started on Saturday morning by baking 2 13"x9" cakes and then Saturday evening I made the frosting and started to get to work. It was pretty humid in the house, though, which made frosting the cake a little challenging. (Oh, did I not tell you? Our air conditioners are toast and so we have no a/c right now! More on that in a later post...). It wouldn't have been too bad, except I was trying to frost a couple of cut pieces of cake and they just crumbled when I tried to put frosting on them. So I decided I would just stick it in the fridge and finish it in the morning...





I know, right?? Not exactly my best work. In fact, Doug told me he thought that perhaps Ainsley was a bit too young for that kind of cake. Especially when I told him I would be using sugar cones for the towers. Because he doesn't think Ainsley even knows who Madonna is! I assured him it would be a fabulous Princess Castle, even though I did have my doubts. But it all worked out and the birthday girl was thrilled...



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ok ~ I'll never look at a castle cake the same again ~ GET YOUR MIND OUT OF THE GUTTER, DOUG! Hope the AC is working by now!~Beth