Saturday, November 7, 2009

The Ryan Miller Book Awards

Hello Everybody!

First off, I would like to thank everybody who contributed to my box tops contest! You really helped and I won the second prize of 100 dollars. That and some birthday money and POOF! I have myself a brandspankin' new ( well I wouldn't say new, it was refurbished) 16 gigabyte iPod Touch. Thanks so much!!


Secondly, I have gotten some requests to do a new book list. I really want to but somehow, I can't seem to get any good new reads yet. ( Shocking, I know) Don't worry, I'm requesting some new ( hopefully good ) reads from the library. So in the mean time, I'm doing

*The First Annual Ryan Miller Book Awards*

The awards that go to anything readable, interesting, and cool.

Without further ado, Here are the winners!!:

Fantasy

1st: The Percy Jackson & the Olympians series by Rick Riordan
2nd: The Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer
3rd: The Candy Shop War by Brandon Mull

Suspense

1st: The 39 Clues series by Multiple Authors
2nd: On the Run series by Gordan Korman
3rd: Island series by Gordan Korman

Humor

1st: Diary Of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff Kinney
2nd: Tales of a Forth Grade Nothing by Judy Blume
3rd: Soupy Saturdays with the Pain and the Great One by Judy Blume

Short Story

1st: The Cask of Amontillado by Edgar Allan Poe
2nd: The Twits by Roald Dahl
3rd: All Summer in a Day by Ray Bradbury

Fiction

1st: Regarding the... series by Kate Klise
2nd: Bridge to Terabithia by Kathleen Paterson
3rd: Holes by Louis Sacher

Non-Fiction

1st: The Hidden Magic of Walt Disney World by Susan Vanness
2nd: Explorers Wanted: The Jungle by Simon Chapman
3rd: Greek Mythology by Greek Philosophers


Well those are the awards. Trust me, Some of those were really close. For instance, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button almost replaced All Summer in a Day. But Curious sort of dragged along.

Pretty soon I'll have enough books to compile another reading list. Until then, keep reading!


No comments: