Thursday, November 26, 2009

Birthday #13




Hello Everybody! Teenager boy here. You know, the one whose mom has been moaning " Oh, no a Teenager!" on her facebook account? I am here to blog about my birthday and my presents. And yes, there was a Snuggie involved.

It all started at about 7:00 on October 23, 2009. I woke up, thinking Wow, in 9 hours, I'm a teenager. Before I went to bed that night I expected to have some sort of deep revelation of myself, some sentimental memories, and some flashbacks of my preschool years.
I didn't.

Nope, just a typical, ordinary Friday morning, except it was my birthday. I went downstairs and found a box of Krispy-Kreme doughnuts with my name on them. Emily was already downstairs and as her own little birthday gift, she let me turn on the kitchen lights! I know, you're thinking What?? , but my sister prefers it very dark in the morning. Don't ask me HOW she makes herself breakfast, but hey, everybody has their quirks. Anyway, after my doughnuts, I headed off to school and my friends wished me a happy birthday. Other then that, my day STUNK. In gym, we were doing badminton and I could not serve the ball or hit it and I got run over by some rowdy jocks. Joy. So then my demon math teacher ( when I say demon, I'm not kidding. There's a rumor going around she's a vampire. ) assigned us 5 pages of homework, over the weekend! Then my science teacher gave the class a big lecture on respect and responsibility. But then I got home, where my grandparents were waiting, and even got to open some of my presents! Then we went to Emily's scrimmage soccer game, and then back home. At home we had my favorite dinner ( Sloppy Joes with coleslaw, and mozzarella sticks ). Then came present time. 13 presents for a 13 year old. I got:

1. 1 package A AA batteries
2. New headphones for my Ipod that actually stay in my ear
3. A new reading light
4. 5 pens and 1 pencil
5. The Mummy on Blu-Ray
6. A jar shaped like a skull ( comical and Decor for Halloween )
7. The Hidden Magic of Walt Disney World by Susan Veness
8. New slippers
9. New pajama pants
10. 2 bags of Lindor Truffles ( Best Chocolate on Earth)
11. A Shower kit complete with a body puff
12. A Brain Teaser game for Nintendo DS
13. and 1 Blue fleece, Adult sized Snuggie





Then some other presents:

14. Diary of a Wimpy Kid 4: Dog Days by Jeff Kinney
15. 2 Composition notebooks
16. and a couple of cool cards and checks averaging around $30 each

So then I realize that with my box-tops contest winnings( $100) plus birthday cash ( $100) I could afford an iPod touch which was the first thing I wanted for my birthday. So mom asks me I have enough for it, I said yes and mom said to go upstairs and get my money so we can order it tonight. I was pretty excited about that, but even MORE excited when I came downstairs with my money to find mom and dad already purchased one and gave it to me the second I handed over the money, already fully charged and ready to play with. And then The Best Birthday Cake I've ever had the pleasure of digging into. So in summary:



16 awesome gifts + 1 Ipod touch + 1 super cool cake = 1 really happy birthday boy



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was so funny to read~ you are just as talented at writing as your mom is!!!! love aunt Beth and Uncle Mike