Wednesday, April 16, 2008

this is what four looks like



Jackson,

In honor of your 4th birthday, I'm going to tell you four things that I love about you.

1.) I love how much you love your siblings. I love how excited you always are to see them and how your face lights up any time Ryan, Emily and Ainsley come into the room.

2.) Even though I don't love the tattling, I do love how just before you come to find me and report what horrible, rotten thing has just happened ("Mom, Emily is being mean at me!"), you will shout, "I'm asking!" instead of "I'm telling!" I don't think I will ever correct you.

3.) I love your enthusiasm for everything and how if I were to write down everything you say, each sentence would be punctuated with an exclamation point!

4.) I love that you are all boy and you go non-stop from the time you get up from the time you go to bed, but mostly I love that in the rare moments you do need some quiet time, more often than not you choose to sit and snuggle with me.

Happy Birthday, Turtle Bean!

Love,
Mom

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a wonderful post about a wonderful boy...

Grandma Mary said...

I'm thinking Ainsley has finally had her appetite satisfied with CAKE!!! Ah, sleep.....

Anonymous said...

I want to see what 37 looks like!!