Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Ryan's Top 7 books for summer reading for his family and friends!

Hello Everyone!!

It's been a long time since I wrote on the blog. Well, since summer is getting closer, I'm sure everyone is excited. Pool Parties, Fourth of July, Summer movies, sleepovers, etc. But what are you going to do in your spare time? By the title, I'm positive you know.

As the reader of the family, I put together the Top 7 Books for Summer Reading. Three of these books might have a little bit of drama in them that I don't recommend them for 5 and under. the rest are fine...

Here they are, from worst to greatest, The Top 10 books for summer Reading!!!! ( they are all good books to read, I'm ordering them from my least favorites of the favorites, to my favorite of the favorites)


7. No talking by Andrew Clements
A very funny contest between boys and girls to see who can talk the least in 3 days.


6. Molly Moon (series) by Georgia Byng
About a girl who learns to hypnotize. Pretty good series.


5. The Kingdom Keepers by Ridley Pearson
5 kids are suddenly programed to go to Disney World when they go to sleep. They must stop Disney villains from taking over the world.

4. Diary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff Kinney
Funny. Super funny. Terribly funny. Supercalifragilisticxpialidociously funny.

3. The war between the Hatfords and the Malloys ( series ) by Phillis Reynolds Naylor
This series doesn't have a name, but they are good. First book is called, The Boys start the War.

2. The Percy Jackson & the Olympians ( series ) by Rick Riordan
Percy Jackson finds out he's the son of a Greek god! Fantastic series!

And the number one book(s) you have to read is....

1.) The Island series by Gordon Korman!
6 kids are shipwrecked on an island in the middle of the Pacific. Series of 3. A HUGE thriller. Trust me.


That's it! I hope you have an awesome summer!!!!!!!!!
- Ryan

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Ry-
Very cool. I'll ask Maya & Megan if they're interested in trying any of your recommendations. Scott

Anonymous said...

What about Alex Rider's "Stormbreaker" - the kids in my class have been raving about that series - have you read any? - Beth